Sunday, December 6, 2009

Attention and Reading

I did these two first. The read passage was impossible with all the different letters that did not make sense. Also the picture of the girl was interesting. I think the teacher has some part in making that difficult by consistently talking and saying things other than the directions. It was interesting to hear what the different students had to say about their struggles. I am glad I did not have these troubles going through school. Now, off to do the last two!

3 comments:

  1. I had a really hard time with the reading passage as well. I didn't know what to do when it came to having to unscrabble the letters. I became easily frustrated with the excercise.

    I agree with you that the teacher has part in making thing more difficult on the child. When the teacher in the shape exercise said she was only going to give the directions once and while she was giving the directions, people kept talking over her and you could barely hear her. I think the teacher in that situtation should have stopped until no one was talking over her. Also, I think when she stated she was only going to give the directions once causes additional stress on the child with a learning disability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! she should have stopped that activity right away. we do stuff like this in my autistic support room. i read the directions 2 times, but i do pause often and if they are talking i wait until it is quite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some nice observations here. What are the implications for teaching? How do you think the experience you had here will make you a different teacher? How will you approach teaching differently?

    ReplyDelete